Image Map

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cobblestone Vacay 2013: Tuesday 5/29

Tuesday's Menu:

Breakfast - scrambled eggs with ham, biscuits and sausage gravy, tomato juice
Lunch - Chicken and dumplings, peas and carrots, rolls, apple crisp
Dinner - Roast pork loin, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, dressing, cranberry sauce, strawberry cheesecake

Tuesday's Activities:


At the morning tournament, we met a family that was new to Cobblestone....and they are from Newburgh, Indiana!!!  It was the weirdest thing.  Shawn was talking to them and asked them where they were from.  They said Indiana.  I heard that and told them we were from Indiana and asked what city.  They said Newburgh.  My mouth dropped open and I said "no way!  We are from Newburgh!"  I asked where in Newburgh they lived and they said off Sharon by Sharon Elementary.  I couldn't believe it, I told them, we live just down the road off of Martin and Sharon.  I had asked them where they heard about Cobblestone and they said they were on the internet looking up different vacations.  Later that evening I was asking them what they were looking at on the internet to find Cobblestone and asked if they had seen any reviews on Trip Advisor.  They had read my review!  Hee!  I think they asked Shawn what he did and he said he worked for WOW cable, phone and internet.  They immediately said "We knew that was you!"  I guess earlier in the day they were talking amongst themselves and they said they thought Shawn looked familiar and looked like that guy in the WOW commercial, but thought surely it wasn't him.  They even tried to find his commercial on the internet to see if it was him.  HAHA! What a small world!  The new family is the Bean's and they are super friendly!  I'm hoping we get to know they better and that we see them again next year at Cobblestone!

I spent the afternoon lounging by the pool while Shawn and his dad golfed.  Got a little sunburned. Oh yeah, and I played bocce ball this morning!

After dinner was bingo and silly games.  I won two games in bingo and won $3.40!


Silly games!
 I'm not really sure what the name of this game is, but it totally cracks me up each time we play it!  All of these old "nighty" style clothes are in a big orange bag and you pass it around to each person while music is playing.  When the music stops, the person that has it has to take an article of clothing out and put it on.  It's so funny to see what everyone pulls out to have to put on!







 
My prize for winning the Mexican Hat game!

 
And our messy little room!


  

  


No comments: