Image Map

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cobblestone Vacay 2013: Thursday 5/30

Thursday's Menu:

Breakfast:  sausage patties, eggs, biscuits and gravy
Lunch: veggie burritos, rice, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, and tortilla chips, cookies
Dinner:  meatloaf, mac & cheese, corn on the cob, applesauce, rolls, strawberry upside-down cake

Thursday's Activities:


I didn't participate in the washers tourney.  I'm not a fan of washers and I'm not a fan of that yucky sand....it's just not Florida sand! 

After lunch, we went to Fanning to the World's Largest Rocker, then into Steelville to the little park, and then to the Soda Fountain for treats.

66 Outpost, home of the famous World's Largest Rocker
We had stopped here a couple years ago, but the store was closed, so I wanted to go back and see what all they had inside.  It was really cute, but the best part was they had a smashed penny machine!

 

 
I posted this picture on my Facebook page and someone commented "Watch out Bear, there's a Stacey in front of you!"  It made me LOL!
 



Oh yeah, an unexpecting smashed penny machine!  I started collecting these a few years ago and love finding new ones.  I actually ended up with three new ones on this vacation!



 
Little Springs Park in Steelville, Mo
I don't really remember the name of this park, but we go to it each time we go to Cobblestone.  It's just a little roadside park and we are only there for a few minutes, but we always stop. 

 
 
 When we were walking out to leave, I noticed a momma duck and her nine babies waddling down the grass and into the water.  I didn't have my zoom lens with me and wished I would of went back to the car to get it so I could take some closer pictures to these little cuties!

 
The Soda Fountain
Before we headed back to Cobblestone, we stopped at the Soda Fountain in Steelville for a sweet treat.  I had heard from Kat that this place had yummy, but expensive banana splits.  I have a weakness for banana splits, so I didn't care that it was $7.00.  It was worth it!  Shawn had the cookie sundae and really loved it too.  I'm sure we'll make another trip in here next year!







They even have 5¢ cokes!  Just ask for one!
 




 
Instead of the horseshoe tourney, they did indoor shuffleboard.  I'm thinking it was raining which is why they changed it.  Shawn and I played the game against his parents .... 
 
 
....and we got robbed by this point!

 
I "helped" with a couple of the items of the scavenger hunt..
 
Katie pointing to the cabin closest to the river...this would be Cabin 1, or the Loveshack cabin.  LOL!
 


Katie and Sarah...sporting an original Cobblestone t-shirt...


And I don't even know how to describe this one!
 

 

No comments: