Image Map

Sunday, August 25, 2013

The New Mr. & Mrs.

Shawn and I had the honor to attend the wedding of my little cousin Ashley and her new husband DeWayne  on Saturday afternoon.  It was an outside wedding at Scales Lake and while the weather was a little warm, it was a beautiful wedding and we truly enjoyed visiting with family and friends we hadn't seen in a while.

This first picture below is one of my absolute favorite pictures of all times.  Ashley looked truly stunning on her wedding day and as she approached the area where the wedding was taking place I caught a glimpse of her crying and as she was turning her head to hide her tears I was able to capture this photograph.  The second I saw her crying, I immediately started crying.  My heart was hurting for her because her momma wasn't able to be there on her special day.  See, her momma is up in heaven.  I truly know the hurt that I'm sure she was feeling on this day because on my wedding day, my daddy was up in heaven.  Her grandpa and brother were there to walk her down the isle, and that made the tears flow even more.  Her grandpa is my Uncle Bob and I remember spending many, many summer days and special holidays at their house in Richland with my dad.










And when I saw this special table in honor of her momma, there were more tears. I have so many fond memories as a child growing up with this part of my family. 


Pictured below is Ashley with her brother Shane, her grandpa Bob and her Uncle Greg, his wife Lyndell and Lyndell's mother.


And a little special surprise at the wedding...Ashley and DeWayne are expecting...


A Baby Girl!!



Congratulations Ashley & DeWayne, not only on your marriage, but on your new little bundle of joy that will be here before you know it.  I know that your momma was up in heaven celebrating with you, and I know that she was with your Nana and my daddy.  Love you sweetie :)

No comments: