Image Map

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My first Cardinals game

Shawn won two tickets to a Cardinals/Cubs game in a drawing at Best One Tire when he took my car to the shop a few weeks ago.  We bought his parents tickets to the game too for their anniversary.  Their seats were in the same section as us and just a few rows down from us (and they actually got to sit next to us at the game thanks to the older couple who had the seats next to us who swapped with Shawn's parents.)  The game was last Friday night.  I took a half day vacation from work, went home and picked up Shawn, and we were headed towards St. Louis.  We met his parents in Mt. Vernon, Illinois and rode with them the rest of the way.  We actually rode the MetroLink from Fairview Heights, Illinois into St. Louis to Busch Stadium.  It was my first Cardinal/Cubs game and my first ride on the MetroLink.  We had a great time at the game despite the Cubs winning 3-0.  I also got a smashed penny too :)  And we were sitting next to some friends I used to work with at Fifth Third Bank. 
 


Our first ride on the MetroLink.  Definitely the way to go to get to the stadium.  We got on the ML at Fairview Heights, Illinois, paid $4.50 for a round trip ticket, and 20 minutes later, we were getting off the ML in front of the stadium.
 



 
The view from our seats





 

I knew they had a smashed penny machine there so I took a little break from the game to find it.  I also went out at a different landing to see the game from a different view.




 
My friend Amy and her family.  I used to work with Amy and her husband Eugene at Fifth Third Bank.  She's also my 31 bag lady :) 


 
All these people were waiting to get on the MetroLink too after the game.  I thought oh my, this is going to take forever to get on, however, it didn't take long at all.  And once we were on, about 20 minutes later we were back at the car. 



 
 
 

No comments: