Image Map

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Snickerdoodle Kids Art: The Heart

Last night I went to Snickerdoodle Kids Art to paint with Kristi and her sister.  I went with an idea in mind, but knew that it could change the minute I got there and saw what everyone else was painting.

Here is my inspiration...

 
And here is my finished project...
 
 
 
 
About halfway through and it's getting close to 9:00 p.m...we started at 6:00 p.m.!  I figured at this rate, I might as well of camp out there, I'll be here till morning!  Ugh!  This was probably one of the most time consuming painting projects I've done.  And as much as I love chevron, I doubt I do another one!

 
This was my first time painting in the new studio.  While I like it, I didn't like how the tables were set up.  We were practically sitting on top of each other and the whole time I was worried that the lady to the left of me was going to stick her arm in my project!  Of course when I took these pictures though, everyone else was done and had gone home already!


 
Seeing her painting projects hanging up on these cute colored doors makes me want to paint my door each time I hang up a new door decoration.  Wonder how Shawn would feel about that?
 
 
And then there was poor Kristi!  All she wanted to do was paint a fun chevron softball.  The type of paint she was using and her wood were not cooperating and was giving off a crackled finish!  She must of put on FIVE coats of that paint and it still wasn't working.  About an hour into it, she was D.O.N.E.!  I felt bad for her, but at the same time was giggling at her.  Sorry for laughing at you girl!  I hope you'll go back with me to paint again!
 

 
 

No comments: