Image Map

Friday, January 24, 2014

Daniel Fast 2014: Week Two

Week one of the Daniel Fast went by good.  We had yummy and satisfying meals.  In addition to reading my Bible more and praying, I also lost 6.8 pounds the first week.  What a great jump start on losing weight again!  Thank you Jesus!
 
Let week two begin!
 
Wednesday night - Cabbage and red potatoes with green bell pepper, onion and garlic, green beans and fresh fruit.  This was my first time making this dish and it was yummy!
 
 
Thursday - Cajun red beans and rice.  Not really a fan of this dish.  It was good, but I used too much rice so it was think.  I should of put some veggie broth with it and thin it down some.  We also had peas and fresh fruit with it, and salad.  I had some left over red onion in the fridge from something else so I added some to the salad.  Oh my!  It made the salad taste ten times better!

 
Friday night for dinner we had veggie burgers and seasoned potato fries.  I didn't take a picture since we've had this meal before.
 
Saturday night for dinner we had taco and I forgot to take a picture.  We were just being lazy at home that day and our friends the Robinson's called and wanted to know if we wanted to come over and hang out and have dinner.  They knew we were on the fast and asked what we were having.  I told her tacos and she said that's what they would have too.  So I prepped most of our meal at home and bagged it up to take to their house for dinner.  Shawn and I had tacos/taco salads with veggie crumbles and they had tacos with ground beef.  We also had our chips and their yummy homemade salsa.  We had a great time hanging out with them!
 
Sunday for lunch we had beans and fried potatoes.  I didn't take a picture since we had that meal before.  Then Sunday for dinner we had a treat!  Hee!  Shawn's company had a celebration at Gatti-town for their employees.  We knew about this before the fast so when the fast was called, we decided for dinner on that night we would enjoy the festivities at Gatti-town and extend our fast an extra day.  While I didn't care so much for the pizza and desserts, I did love me some Coke.  In fact, I drank about 7 glasses of Coke that night! 
After we left the restaurant, it was back on the fast for us!
Monday night - veggie lo mien. I used spaghetti noodles, cabbage, carrots, celery, green onion, onions, garlic, bean sprouts, and a little soy sauce. Oh man was this dish ever delicious!! It's definitely one of our favorites. In fact, we are having it tonight for supper and I'm making some fried rice to go with it!

 
Tuesday night - Cabbage casserole. I cooked some cabbage in onions and garlic, then added brown rice, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Mixed it all together, put it in a casserole dish and baked it in the oven for a little bit. I served it with boiled potatoes with olive oil and parsley, and green beans. Another yummy dish!


I'm thankful that we are doing the fast and looking forward to the many blessings that God has promised us! Week 3 has already begun.

No comments: