Image Map

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

I'm behind on blogging again.  I'm just now blogging about last weekend and here the next weekend is almost over.  My house has been in disarray the last couple weeks!  Last weekend was a busy, but fun long weekend non the less!  
Friday evening started off with getting off work an extra hour early and me grocery shopping at Schnucks, dinner with Shawn at our favorite Mexican restaurant Jalisco's, and then Shawn doing more shopping at Schnucks and then off to Walmart to finish the grocery shopping for the weekend festivities!

Saturday morning I got up early and did a few things around the house and then went to my pedicure and manicure appointment at Impulse.  I won a gift card for them when they hosted their scavenger hunt a few weeks ago.  I felt like I was getting the royal treatment there...and then Sunday evening, my polish came off :(  I'm not sure if it was the brand of polish I choose, or the fact that I went swimming right after I had it done :(  Regardless, I went back in on Tuesday and got them fixed!


After my pedicure, I headed to my friend Heather's for a girls day in the pool.  She had a few girlfriends from her work join us and we all enjoyed a good day of swimming, chatting, and having grilled hot dogs and yummy jalapeno dip.  Not many pictures tho :(



Mom came over Saturday evening to stay for a few days, and then Shawn's brother and Christa came over for a UFC fight.  We had yummy pulled pork sandwiches for dinner.

Sunday morning we got up and went to church and then back home to change and gather a few things and we were off again.  We had to run to Rockport to pick up Gavin for a few days.  He was going to stay with us while his momma had surgery.  I picked him up a day early so he could swim with us.  After picking him up, we headed to the Robinson's for a Labor Day cookout party.  Again it was a day of swimming and having yummy food....grilled hot dogs, fried zucchini, fried mushrooms, fried fish, pasta salad, 7 layer salad, and watermelon for dessert.  Later in the evening, we all went inside and made no-bake cookies and rice krispie treats. 

















No Robinson cookout is complete without watermelon!


I made the no bake cookies at Heather's, but they were a bust :(  I wasn't used to cooking with her stove, or her cookware (we have that expensive fancy, schmancy, Saladmaster cookware...oh la la {insert sarcasm here}, or the fact that there was about a dozen people in the kitchen!  They were good, and they got eaten, they just weren't my best.




Monday was Labor Day and Shawn and I were off work, and mom and Gavin were at the house.  I thought we were all going to relax around the house and grill out, but Shawn made other plans...for himself :(  He ended up golfing all day with our pastor, his son-in-law, and our friend Brent.  Mom, Gavin and I went out to lunch at Shoney's and did some shopping at Walmart.  I wanted us to go to a park and play, but we were all stuffed from lunch so we just went home and relaxed.  Gavin got a new transformer so he wanted to play with that.


Little did I know that when we bought the transformer that it would cost $23 and require 26 steps to get it transformed from tank mode to jet mode.  Not sure if Bethie has it figured out or not.


Gavin: Stace will u put this in jet mode?
Me: Bub, it took Nanny 4 hours to put it into tank mode.
Gavin: Well it will only take you 2 hours to put into jet mode then.

Gavin loves sitting in Uncle Shawn's chair...


...in fact, Shawn was playing with Gavin's toys while Gavin was lounging in Shawn's chair!

No comments: