Image Map

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Natural Arch, Parkers Lake, Kentucky

On our way home from Cumberland Falls, we saw a sign for the Natural Arch and that it was just a couple miles off the road and decided to go see it.  I remember seeing it on the Internet when I was googling things to do, but didn't really look into it.  The Natural Arch is in Parkers Lake, Kentucky in the Daniel Boone National Forest.  It's a sandstone arch that spans over 100 feet.  There was an overlook there that provided an amazing panoramic view.  There was also a few trails, plenty of shade, picnic tables and a playground.  This area was definitely one of our favorites!

Gavin loved being able to run around and ran back and forth on the paved trail and on the stairs at the overlook.

My only regret is that I didn't take my zoom lens with me and being too lazy to walk the path back to the car to get it so I could zoom in on the area more. :(











No comments: