Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentine's day to ME :)

Happy Valentine's Day to me :)  I'm not normally a necklace person, but I think these Origami Owl necklaces are so stinking cute, that I decided to get one and give it a try.  A friend from church told me about them early last year and I looked at a book and thought they were cute.  That's as far as I got.  Then at the beginning of this year, another friend mentioned she wanted an Origami Owl necklace.  I was curious as to what that was so I looked it up and realized it was one of those necklaces.  I tinkered with the idea of getting one, but still wasn't sure about it.  By the time you get the necklace, the plate, the locket and all the charms, it can be pretty pricey and since I'm really not a necklace person, I still wasn't sold on it.  It wasn't but a couple weeks later that my friend Ivana Lane from Bana's Photography put on Facebook that she was going to start selling Origami Owl.  It was then that I know I was sold and was going to finally order one!  I told Shawn that's what I wanted to Valentine's Day.  I also told him it was a bit pricey to get it; but I knew I had it in the bag cause he is FOREVER telling me I need a pretty necklace on.  LOL!  I toiled over what I wanted for a week or two and finally made the plunge.  I couldn't wait to get it in!  It arrived yesterday and I am absolutely in love with it!  I can't wait to wear it to work tomorrow and show it off to all the girls!  You can get your very own by visiting Ivana's Origami Owl.  I know you will enjoy it! 
 
It comes with really fun packaging too!  I couldn't get a very good picture of myself wearing it so I'll have to have someone take a picture of me.  The chain is a short, chunky chain, but I love that you can take the locket off that chain and put it on other chains that you already own.  The charms I choose were a camera (of course), flip flops (cause I'm a summer girl), love my dog (for Hershey and Reese), love my cat (for Molly and Clifford), the initial G (for our last name Glenn and Gavin), a diamond ring (cause diamonds are a girls best friend), and an in memory of (for my daddy).  I also choose a plate that says blessed (because I am blessed!).  They also have little charms you can buy to hang off the lockets.  I wanted the "faith" charm, but told my friend that I had better hold off on getting it cause I had already racked up the bill.  When I opened my package up last night, she bought me the faith charm.  I am blessed to have such a great friend!  Thank you Ivana for your thoughtfulness and friendship! 
 





No comments: