Friday, November 7, 2008

Calgon Take Me Away

I am completely worn out!! I feel like this week all I have done is run, run, run! And the devil has been on my back all week. I know why though. Because I have started reading my Bible again and he doesn't like that. I try to read my Bible every day, but I got out of the routine of doing that. I started again this week and I feel like I have been under attack....fueding with my sister, aggrevation from people at work, problems with the puppy, disagreements with my husband, car problems. You name it, and it's probably happened this week. But I have declared war with the devil and I know that with God as my army, I will have victory!!! What an awesome God we serve.

A recap from the week. Saturday I went to a suprise 80th birthday party for my best friends grandpa and on the way home, the air conditioning went out on the car. Which normally wouldn't be a problem in November, except it's been about 80 degrees this week. Saturday evening I went to the Luce Fall Fest. I posted some pics from that in another entry. I always like to go and buy raffle tickets to win prizes. I won prizes all right. LOL!! I won a pink and blue size medium t-shirt from a heating/ac place. Now what part of my body looks like a size medium? HA! I joked that I was going to cut them in half and then sew them together and make a t-shirt that actually would fit me. What I am really going to do with them is save them for our New Year's Eve dirty santa gifts for the gift exchange. LOL!!!

Sunday we have our normal routine. Sunday school, church, lunch, come home for a nap, evening church, get supper, and come home and watch Army Wives. After church we went to lunch with some friends at the Manderin Garden. Well some very hot sweet and sour sauce got spilled on a little baby that was with us and he had to be taken to the ER. He has 2nd degree burns on the palm of hand, but is doing much, much better. In the meantime, I had this baby's brother and sister while his parents were at the ER with him. So I did a little photoshoot with the sister. Here are a few pics we took.

Monday Shawn and I both had to work. Shawn is normally off on Monday's, but worked this Monday so he could have Saturday off for a family retreat our church is having this weekend. I think I just came home and fixed supper, wrote up my Avon order amounts, signed my Avon books, and was in bed by 9. Actually now that I am thinking about it, I ran to the Sam's Club after work to pick up some pictures, then planned on going to Curves to workout before going home. I had already changed into my workout clothes at work so I would be ready once I got there. I pulled in the parking lot, looked through the window at how busy they were, and then backed the car out and headed home. Could I be any more lazy??

Tuesday morning I went to vote and then had to take my car to the shop before going to work. The voting polls for our prescinct are just down the street from our house, however when we moved, I nevered changed my voting place. So I had to go all the way to the far east side to vote at the community building of our old apartments. That brought back some memories. HA! I didn't have to wait long to vote, so I was glad about that. I had to take the car to Expressway Dodge to have the a/c fixed then. I think they said I had a leak in the air compressor. It was all under warranty and I wasn't going to be out any money, so I really didn't pay much attention to the problem. The shuttle driver that took me to work was the father of a girl I used to be friends with, so when I told him I used to be friends with his daughter, he started spilling the beans about her life and who she was married to now, how many kids they had, what they were doing, etc. So that was an interesting car ride to work. LOL!! Work was kind of crazy and I had some issues at the end of the day, but in the end, everything worked out. Doesn't it always.

Wednesday after work, I went home and bagged up all of my Avon orders before going to church. After church I had to run to Petsmart to exchange the retractable leash that broke, then to Walgreens to return some pictures I had printed there that I didn't like.

Thursday, after working all day, I had to make about 15 stops to deliver Avon and books, stopped at home to get the puppy, and then went to Heather's to visit Zoe and watch ER with Heather. I always take the puppy with me when I go to Heathers because they have one brother and one sister from that litter of puppies. And of course because Zoe loves to see him and I don't want him to be left at home alone any more than he has too.

I have to say that that dog is wearing me out anymore! At home, all him and Molly do is fight. Well more like Hershey wants to play and Molly doesn't want to have anything to do with him. So there is constant barking, hissing, and running around. And he's in that stage now where he wants to chew on everything except for his toys. There is a rug by the garage door that he thinks is his and the other night I caught him chewing on the underneath netting of the couch. So anytime I see him chewing on something that he shouldn't be, I spray this stuff called Bitter Apple on it and he seems to stray away from it for a few days. Some friends of ours told us about it and it seems to work pretty good. Maybe I should spray it on Molly and he might leave her alone! Then in the car, he can't just sit in the passenger seat and enjoy the ride. He has to be on my lap with his head hanging out the window, or trying to crawl over the headrest or knocking the car out of gear and freaking me out like he did last night.

Hopefully today will be much better, however I doubt it, since when I went to let the dog out this morning, he pooped in his cage. That was the first time for that, so I was not at all prepared. I was already running late for work, so I sat the cage outside and yelled up to Shawn to clean it out. So the big bad doggie will get the run of the bathroom downstairs today. Hopefully there won't be anymore accidents for me to clean up once I get home. I think the reason he's so wound up in the evenings is because he's been in his crate all day. I think it might be time to graduate him to the built-in kennel in the garage that way he can use the doggie door and run around in the backyard while we are gone. I just need to puppy proof the gates so he doesn't slip through and then maybe he'll be a calmer dog in the evening time.

We will be leaving for our family retreat tonight once Shawn gets home from work. It's actually just an overnight retreat and we'll be home late tomorrow evening. We weren't able to go to the first one the church had. I can't remember why, but we missed out on a good time we were told, so we are excited about this one. When I get off work, I have to go home and get us all packed up so we can leave. Honestly I would rather just go up early in the morning, but Shawn wants to go tonight. Of course he would, cause he's not the one that has to pack everything we own for one overnight trip.

Wow, I've blogged alot for one entry. My plan is to blog daily, or at least every other day, but sometimes that just doesn't work out.

1 comment:

~*~Tracey~*~ said...

Wow, you've been busy. I'm worn out from reading your entry, J/K.

Hope you had a fun time at your retreat!!!