Image Map

Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's Road Trip Day!!

Note: I always make a trip report of our vacations and instead of posting it all at once, I figured I would post each day as a different post along with some pictures to help tell the stories. LOL!! Happy Reading!!


Thursday, October 16, 2008


We planned on leaving the house at 6:00 a.m., however, we didn’t leave until 10:00 a.m. thanks to Shawn and his last minute shananigans. It drizzled rain on us the entire way, so it made for yucky travels. We stopped about half a dozen times to get munchies. I get sleepy when I drive long distances, so I was constantly stopping to get snacks to munch on or to go to the bathroom. We finally got into Pigeon Forge around 5:00 p.m. There was lots of traffic, but we finally made it to our hotel – the Best Western Plaza Inn in Pigeon Forge. It’s a really nice hotel and a really nice room. I read on the internet that the hotel has recently undergone a million dollar renovation. Our room is an extra large room with a king size bed and a fat whirlpool tub that makes lots of bubbles with only a little bit of bath soap. LOL!!! That tub is relaxing and I plan on using it everyday!!! After we got checked in and relaxed a little bit, we went to dinner at Boston’s Shrimp Bucket. We had eaten there in the past, so we knew it would be good. After dinner, we drove around for a little bit and then went to Baskin Robbins for our $6 banana splits. Yikes, I know! But it’s a vacation and we like to splurge a little bit. After that, I was spent and we came back to the hotel and went to bed.

No comments: