Image Map

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cades Cove Driving Tour

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Today we both did our own thing in the morning/early afternoon. Shawn went golfing at the Gatlinburg Municipal Golf Course and I slept in. After I finally got up and got ready, I walked down to Shoney’s for breakfast and then headed back down the street to the Old Mill shopping area. I stopped at a few shops along the way and also stopped at the Dixie Stampede to take some photographs.




At the Old Mill, I took lots of pictures, just really playing around with the camera. I went to a few shops and then sat in the park area listening to a local girl sing.

(You got your ducks in a row?)

When Shawn was finished golfing, he picked me up and we went and had a late lunch at Huck Finn’s Catfish Restaurant. Shawn had the fish and chicken, and I had fried chicken. Then both meals came with all you can eat mashed potatoes, cole slaw, navy beans, hush puppies and pickle and onion. After that it was around 4 and we decided to drive to Cades Cove and do the driving tour. Along the way, there were some cars pulled off observing some bears in the woods, so I was able to get a picture from the car before the park ranger had us move on.



Once we got inside the cove, we saw lots of deer and a coyote, but no more bears. It got completely dark on us as we got the second half of the drive, so all we could do was just drive out of the cove.

Once we got back into town, we went to Toyoko Japan Japanese Restaurant. It was a delicious meal with leftovers for breakfast the next morning. After dinner it was back to the hotel for bed.


No comments: