Image Map

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

PCB 2014: Sunday 9.21.14

Sunday morning I woke up bright and early, it is vacation after all, and I can nap later!  I went out on the front balcony and watched the amazing sunrise, then went to the condo balcony to check out what kind of critters were in the ocean, got dressed, and headed down to the beach to photograph the different birds and watch the waves roll in.















After my early morning stroll, I headed back up to the condo to have breakfast out on the balcony.  I'm pretty sure I did this every morning!  

Did I mention that the water was crystal clear every morning?


I watched the man collect a jelly fish (I think it was one of the cannonball kinds that you can touch) and carry to his wife on the shore.  She was less than thrilled and had him tossing it back in the water after just a few seconds!   





Shawn and I spent the afternoon at the beach.  He's not a fan of just laying out there, but he troopered through it because he knows that's what I like.  The weather was great, sunny and warm, but not too hot.  The ocean water felt great too!  And the shade of the umbrella coupled with the wind from the ocean kept us comfortable.  We had our drinks and snacks and some tunes to listen to when we weren't in the ocean.  The water was amazingly clear with no seaweed at all and actually was calm.  In fact, there was no seaweed all week and the beach was yellow flagged all week!  We couldn't of asked for more perfect weather and water conditions!


I'm not sure who this little girl is, but she had the best time feeding the seagulls and pigeons and just laughed and laughed!


We had an early dinner this night.  It was the last night of the Schooner's Lobster Fest and it was over at 6:00 p.m.  I guess around 3:00 p.m. we went up to the condo and got ready for dinner.  Of course it was crazy to try and find a parking place down there without having to walk for blocks, but luckily we did; however, I don't think we were supposed to park in that lot.  Thankfully, the car was still there when we got back and we didn't have a ticket.  This lobster fest is what our entire vacation was planned around.  Shawn discovered it the last time we were in PCB, and he wanted to go back.

Shawn bought a bracelet for $25.  They had different cooking stations set up on the beach with different types of lobster and it was all you can eat.  He ate alot!  I had a cheeseburger and fries, and a salad, which were all yummy!  Lobster was served as Smoked Lobster Dip, Lobster Ceviche, Lobster Chowder, Lobster Creole, Lobster Paella, Lobster Pastalaya, Lobster Potato Salad, Grilled Lobster Tails, Grilled Sausage, Corn on the Cob, and Buttered New Potatoes.

They also had a live lobster auction while we were there and those lobsters were going for big bucks!








The lobster this kid is holding up went for $335 in the auction!







After dinner we drove around just checking out the area and then stopped to play putt-putt at Coconut Creek putt-putt course.  Naturally I beat Shawn at his own game ;)






We ended the evening shopping at one of the many Alvin's Island's stores in town.  Of course we always have to go to the biggest one and a person could seriously get lost in that ginormous place!


No comments: