Image Map

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

PCB 2014: Monday 9.22.14

I was up early again this morning.  I spent the early part of the morning out on the balcony editing pictures, writing postcards to Gavin and Zoe, having breakfast and watching the stingrays and manta stingrays floating by!  I also booked our pontoon boat and waited for the condo maintenance man to come and fix the chirping smoke detectors that had been going off since yesterday.

I absolutely love to people watch from the balcony!









Shawn went to play golf and I went to the beach again.  When Shawn got back from golf, we met up at the pool.  That was the first time I had ever been in the pool in this condo and it was nice!  We met a couple from Louisville that was there.  We enjoyed swimming for a bit and then Shawn hit the hot tub and I hit a lounge chair overlooking the beach and the ocean.  I could so get used to this life!!





While we were getting ready for dinner, we watched some crazy looking storm clouds roll in across the ocean.  That's one of my favorite things to do is watch the storm clouds.  Thankfully for us, since we were driving an hour into Destin, it didn't storm or rain!




For dinner, we went to Floyd's Shrimp House in Destin.  We planned on eating dinner and doing some shopping at the outlet shops, but we didn't leave early enough so we only had time for dinner.  We'd ate at Floyd's a couple years ago when we vacation in Destin, and Shawn's brother had been recently and reminded Shawn about how yummy the place was.





Shawn got the all you can eat shrimp.  I had the chicken and pasta, and a salad. Everything was very yummy!





There was even a couple kitty cat visitors on the boardwalk of the restaurant, just hoping for some food to be tossed over the railing to them.



After dinner, we walked down to the Pina Gelato shop for some yummy gelato!  It's almost my favorite dessert!  And while we were in there, there was man who looked identical to a man we know from Cobblestone, so I had to sneak a picture.  In fact, he looked so much like the man we knew, a friend from Cobblestone said about the pic "Is that really Barry?!" HAHA!


With full bellies, it was time to make the hour long drive back to Panama City Beach and hit the hay for the night.

No comments: