Image Map

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Gavin's Day of Birthday Fun!

Since Shawn and I are super busy with our weekends this month, we celebrated Gavin's birthday last weekend.  His present from us was a day of fun doing anything he wanted to do...with one exception...Aunt Stace wasn't having McDonald's for breakfast, lunch and dinner!  And I probably would of gone for that if I would of gotten to eat at Sandy's on Friday night like I planned, but those plans got changed. 
 
We started the morning out at 10:00 a.m., but I had planned on getting an earlier start.
 

 
Our first stop was for breakfast at McDonald's and "we have to eat in the play area" Gavin says. As soon as we got out of the car and started across the icy parking lot, Aunt Stace about went down and ended the day right there!  Luckily I was saved by holding onto my little man's hand :)  Breakfast for him was pancakes and yogurt.  Only he didn't eat much and wanted to play.  By the time he was actually hungry, he wanted a hamburger so Uncle Shawn got him one.  He ate most of it and then it was time to head to our next destination.
 


 
We left McDonald's and headed to CMOE Children's Museum.  I gave him some options of things to do today - Chuck E Cheese, Gatti-Town, CMOE, Inflatable Fun Factory, Putt-Putt, Laser Tag - and he chose CMOE.  I had taken him there before and he loved it.  It was Uncle Shawn's first time there.  It was freezing cold outside and snow and ice on the sidewalks, so I only took one picture of Gavin in front of the dinosaur where we parked.





 
Gavin told me his favorite thing at CMOE was the Lego Race Track that him and Uncle Shawn are playing with in the picture below.  Gavin always had the fastest car too!

 
 
This water area was Uncle Shawn and Aunt Stace's favorite part.  Hee!  We kept backing up the water by building a dam with the orange things and then releasing them and letting the water flow.  At one point, we weren't paying attention and the water started to overflow onto the floor!
 




 
After we left CMOE it was close to 3:00 p.m.  I knew if we ate lunch somewhere, that I wouldn't be hungry for Sandy's pizza or want to drive up there late at night, so we opted to go to Sandy's for a late lunch/early dinner.
 
On our way up there, my poor little man had a nose bleed.  We were driving down 41 in somewhat heavy traffic and he says he needs a tissue.  I figured he just had a boogie on his finger and had Shawn get him a napkin out of the glove box.  While Shawn is doing that Gavin tells me has a nose bleed.  I looked in my rear view mirror and he had blood all over his face, his hands, and his coat.  Thankfully we were right next to a gas station so I whipped the car into there and got out to help Gavin get the bleeding to stop and to try to clean him up.  I sent Shawn into the gas station to get wipes, but I guess I should of been more specific because instead of the baby wipes he comes with out antibacterial wipes.  Regardless, they did the job and cleaned him up just fine.
 
Our third stop on the birthday fun train was Sandy's Pizza!  We had yummy salad, pizza, and ice cream cones!


 
We ended the evening at home with a little Happy Birthday song, cake and ice cream!




 
Happy Birthday to my sweet nephew Gavin.  I can't believe you are already 5!  Seems just like yesterday I was leaving work to watch you enter this world.  Words can't even begin to describe how much we love you.  You bring such joy and laughter into our lives.  I pray for you often that you will always be safe and blessed in God's hands.  I'm thankful for the many opportunities that we get to visit with you and spend fun-filled weekends with you.  I'm thankful that we are blessed financially so that Aunt Stace can spoil you rotten.  Not a day goes by that Aunt Stace doesn't think about you or talk about you.  Love you to the moon and back Bubby!
 
Now I can't wait to celebrate with you at your birthday party and watch you open the fun presents I got for you :)

No comments: