Image Map

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rain, rain, go away

Originally posted October 7, 2010.  I guess I hadn't posted any pictures to this post when I started drafting it. :(

Last Saturday we went to Holiday World.  I left the house at 9:00 a.m. and picked up Zoe and then my sister, Beth, and my nephew Gavin.  When we got to Holiday World, there was hardly anyone there.  The parking lot was not crowded and that's what I liked.  The weather for the day was supposed to be around 68 degrees.  However, the day turned cold and wet really fast.  We rode a few rides and then had lunch.  After lunch, it started raining and got even colder.  We were all cold and wet and decided around 2:30 p.m. to call it a day.  We didn't get to ride all of the rides, but were happy with what we did get to do.  Gavin LOVED riding the rides this time.  He rode on the old time cars, the big carousel, played on the playground, rode the fishes, the airplanes and the rockets.  The only thing he wasn't a fan of was the carousel.  I have more tickets and this weekend coming up is their last day open for the season so we are going to try and go again. 

On the way home, we stopped by the Lincoln State Park and Lincoln Amphitheatre area.  We didn't actually go into the park.  It was $5 a car to get in and all I wanted to do was drive through and see what the park was like.  I think if it hadn't of been raining and wet, then maybe we would of gone through.  We were able to drive through the Lincoln Amphitheatre area and it was really neat and there is some great photo opportunities there.  I can't wait to go back!

No comments: