Image Map

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Our First Hockey Game Experience

On Saturday, January 14, we went to our first Icemen's hockey game at the new Ford Center.  Well it was our first hockey game ever for that matter.  The night we went was a WOW sponsored event so we had free tickets.  It was alot of fun and I can't wait to go back.  It was chilly inside the arena naturally because of the ice so I was bundled up with my blanket, scarf and gloves.  The Icemen beat the Ft. Wayne Komets 3 to 1 to a packed crowd of 9,403 fans!  That's the biggest fan attendance so far!  While I really don't understand all there is to know about hockey, I was there more to see some fights!!  I can tell you that I didn't leave disappointed......there was 3 that night.  One they broke up immediately and two that they let drag on for a bit.  I'm glad I had my zoom lens with me cause we were sitting far away.  And let me tell you, it's hard to zoom through the netting that was up to keep the pucks from going everywhere!  I posted a photo below so you would see what I was talking about!

We didn't have horrible seats for the game, but I think it would of been really neat to be down near the windows!

YES....it was hard zooming in through this netting for the pictures!


One of the 3 fights of the evening!



The third fight of the evening!

And a VICTORY WIN for the Evansville Icemen!!!


No comments: