Image Map

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Holiday World June 2011

Shawn had Friday off and I took a vacation day and we took Zoe and Gavin to Holiday World with the tickets that Shawn won from his work.  The day was absolutely perfect!  It was sunny and warm with a touch of a breeze to help keep the temperatures at a comfortable feeling.  The park was crowded but not overly crowded.  We got up there around 11 and stayed until after 7.  It was a long, but fun day!  We probably spent equal time in the water park and the rest of the park riding rides.  I still have 4 tickets from my work and I can't wait to go back!  After we left Holiday World, we drove into Dale and ate at the Iron Chef Chinese Buffet before heading home.

Here is Zoe, Shawn, Gavin, and myself before we left the park. 


When you first get into the park, there is this big statue of Santa.  I wanted a picture of everyone in front of it, but Gavin was NOT a fan of it and had a death grip on Shawn and still did for some time even after we left the area.


The first thing we did after eating was head to the water park.  I knew they had a new water area for kids, so we found that.  It was ALOT of fun!  It was a pool of water with a few things for kids to climb on and then had all of these different slides.  There was around 8 or 10 different types of slides and Zoe went down each one of them, multiple times.  Then we all started going down them.  It was probably the funnest, and funniest, part of the day and I can't wait to take them back.  I love the look on Gavin's face when we went down the first slide with Zoe.  It was pure excitement and delight!  As soon as he got to the bottom he says "I do again!" and couldn't wait to climb out of the water and run up the ramp to do again!  Shawn went down the really wide yellow slide by himself, got sideways going down it, and took out some lady at the end in the water.  I thought for sure we were going to get kicked out!  It was hilarious!  Too bad I didn't have my camera ready for that!





While Shawn and Zoe were riding the Raging Rapids, I took Gavin over to let him ride the Salmon Run.  When we were in line I asked him which color fish he wanted and he said he wanted the "dreen" one, so that's what he got.  He's such a big boy sitting in the ride all by himself!


We *finally* made it down to the Thanksgiving area of HW.  Our favorite ride in this section is the Turkey Whirl!  We ride it every time, and multiple times in a row.  If you go, try to get in turkey #4....it's the fastest!  We try to get in that one each time!


I took this picture of Shawn and Gavin when we were standing in line to ride the turkey shooting game.  It's one of my favorite pictures of the day!


We took the little train ride through nursery rhyme land, Zoe and I shared a seat, and Shawn and Gavin shared a seat.


And before we left, we had to ride the Old Timey Cars.  This ride is all that Shawn talked about the whole day.  We had to take two separate cars because Shawn wanted to drive and Zoe wanted to drive.  Zoe and I got in the front car so I could take pictures of Shawn and Gavin behind us.  Well as you can tell in the picture, we know who has whose heart, because it looks like Shawn still didn't get to drive the car!  Gavin looks so big driving that car!  LOL!!


We ate lunch there and has some sweet treats of Dippin' Dots.  Gavin and Zoe had neither one had them so we all enjoyed them.  We played some games, won some prizes, and rode lots of other rides that I didn't get good pictures on.  All in all, we had a GREAT time and I can't wait to go back!  I'm definitely spending ALOT more time in that little kiddie water park area. 

No comments: