Image Map

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day

For Father's Day this year, Shawn's parents came to stay with us and we celebrated the entire weekend by going out to eat alot it seemed.  They came in Friday evening and we met them and Steve and Christa at Cancun's.  On Saturday, Shawn and his parents were supposed to golf, but because of the rain, they weren't able to.  They ended up going out to lunch at Bob Evans, then went and played putt-putt.  I went to my friend Heather's for her and Brent's birthday/pool party.  For dinner that night, we had Chinese.  On Sunday, which was actually Father's Day, we went to church and then to lunch at Steak n' Shake, and then to Sweet CeCe's for dessert because they were giving away free FroYo's for dad's.

At church, they gave the Father's a goodie bag filled with all kinds of treats and had a poem attached to the bag.  Even though Shawn isn't a dad yet, he was able to go up and get one cause he's a wonderful Uncle to Gavin.  On Mother's Day, the church recognized me as well for being an amazing Aunt to Gavin, so they also wanted to recognize Shawn.  They know how we have been trying to have our own children and how difficult those days are for us.  The Lord will bless us one day, his word says so!



These next pictures are a couple of pictures of Shawn and his dad and of course, our babies.





On Saturday, on my way home from Heather's I stopped at the cemetery to put flowers on my dad's grave and took a few pictures.  My daddy is up in Heaven now and has been for a little over 14 years.  I can't believe it's been that long since he's been gone.  He was the greatest man I knew!  I love you and miss you so much daddy!

No comments: