Image Map

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

It's a White Christmas in St. Louis

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in St. Louis again this year.  Shawn's mom's brothers and sister's live there, so each year that I've known Shawn, we've gone to St. Louis for Christmas.  We got up Christmas Eve morning and drove over.  Along the way, we stopped at a rest area to go to the bathroom.  This was a scheduled stop.  Quite a few years ago when my friend Misty and I first met, we went to a concert in Fairfield, IL and stopped at this rest area.  I remember taking a picture of Misty in front of the sign because she had some friends who nicknamed her Skeeter.  Every time we travel past this rest area, I want to stop and we never do.  So on this trip through, I made sure we stopped so I could take a picture.  I couldn't believe how much snow they had too, because just a few miles up the road before reaching the area, there was nothing on the ground.



Our first stop on the drive was at Shawn's aunt and uncle Nancy and Dave's house for dinner and visiting with family.  We had lots of yummy food, played some games, and watched everyone open presents.  We had a good time. 


Shawn with his mom and dad

There was lots of snow on the ground in St. Louis.

After we left their house and was on the way to the motel, we stopped at the Jack in the Box for a little late night snack.  We took this picture for Shawn's brother cause he's a Jack in the Box freak.  LOL!

We checked in to the motel and crashed for the night.  The next morning we got up and had breakfast at the hotel, got ready, and drove over to Kirkwood, Missouri to the train station where we had our Christmas Day.  Christmas at the train station was really neat.  It was a new place to have Christmas and was a nice little town.  And the all the snow made it perfect!  We had yummy food, played games, and did a gift exchange.  I ended up getting what I brought (which was fine with me - I wanted it!) - I got a new winter throw blanket and a bag of York peppermint patties.



Me and Shawn's Mom, Susie

Shawn's parents, Eric and Susie





While we were there, 3 trains came through the stations - 2 passenger and 1 freight


It was freezing cold that day, but I wanted to go out and take some pictures.


No comments: