Image Map

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy Independence Day

Happy 4th of July!  To celebrate the 4th of July, our church had its annual 4th of July celebration.  After morning service, Shawn and I came home and ate lunch and I made a Diet Sunkist Orange cake and my taco salad with a healthy spin to it.  Both were yummy!  We left the house around 5 and went back to church for a cookout, fellowship and fireworks.  There was alot of people from church there as well as a few guests.  There was LOTS of yummy food and I blew my WW points away.  I think it was the homemade vanilla ice cream that sent me over the edge.  After eating we visited with people and I took some pictures and then as it started getting darker, it was time to start the fireworks.  The last few years, we have always had a really good fireworks display and this year was no different.  I tried to take some pictures of the fireworks as they are going off, but it's always hard to get a good picture of them.  And then after the fireworks, a bunch of us were taking silly pictures which was lots of fun!  Angie and Garvin did a great job of getting everything set up and all the food cooked and set out, and then Mike and Phil did a great job of lighting the fireworks and putting on a good display, all the while keeping all of their limbs intact.  Thank you Jesus!














No comments: