Image Map

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Santa's Candy Castle

On Saturday after me, Beth and Gavin had eaten lunch at Angelo's, we drove around for a little bit.  It was such a nice day that I didn't want to go back to their house and sit inside, so I suggested a drive up to Santa Claus, Indiana to look around.  We picked up Nan to go with us and off we went.  We were only going to go to the Christmas Store, but I remembered they had a Santa's Candy Castle near there and none of us had ever been so we decided to go.  Wasn't sure where it was, but knew it was near Holiday World.  We turned on a road and stumbled upon it quickly.  There wasn't as much candy in the store as I thought there would be, but it was definitely a fun little store to visit.  They had lots of candy, ornaments, gifts, books and more.  They had these tables of computers set up in the middle of the room where you could chat with an elf about your behavior throughout the year and if you were good you could print out a certificate.  It was kind of pricey for this service so Gavin just pretended to type a letter to Santa.



On our way out of the store, the worker asked Gavin if he wanted to make some snow.  I don't think Gavin was sure about it at first, but agreed to it.  What a neat thing!  I didn't catch this man's name, but he was super nice and friendly with Gavin and helped him make the best snow!

Here he is explaining to Gavin how to make snow...


You add one teaspoon of secret powder to an empty cup...


And because Gavin is so cute, you add a second teaspoon of secret powder...


Then you pour a half cup of water in the measuring cup...


Then you count to 3 and pour the water into the secret powder...


And wallah.....S*N*O*W!!!


The snow was so white, cool feeling, and soft and fluffy!






After visiting Santa's Candy Castle, we headed to the Christmas store and looked around all of their fun ornaments and then got some of their yummy cookies and headed home.  The only thing that would of made the day better was if I would of brought my big camera with me.  Instead all I had to use was my little point and shoot that doesn't take the best pictures, especially inside pictures.

No comments: