Image Map

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pastor Appreciation: Yard Sale

On Saturday, October 1, we had a church yard sale at my house.  It was originally going to be at the church, but because of all the road construction around the church, we moved it to my house.  I live in a great location and we often have yard sales at my house.  I didn't advertise this yard sale in the paper this year, just because it costs around $40 to place a very small ad in the paper.  Instead I advertised like crazy on Facebook, Craigslist, Evansville FreeCycle and using signs in the neighborhood.  It was a great day!  We were busy from 7:00 a.m. until around 3:30 p.m. when we started breaking everything down.  There was only maybe once during the day that we had a lull and it was only for a few minutes.  We raised $540 through the sale!  Praise you Jesus for blessing us with this fundraiser, because our last couple have not been the greatest!  We also sold brownies and hot chocolate at the sale as well.  I just want to say thanks to everyone who cleaned out their house and donated items for the sale.  And a special thanks to Angie, Allesha, and Alex for helping load everything at the church and bring to my house and unload it!  Thanks to Garvin for bringing tables to my house, unloading them, then reloading them after the sale and taking them back to the church.  Thanks to Teresa, Dale, Allesha, Alex, and Angie for helping set everything out, pricing, and helping the actual day of the sale.  You are all a blessing and God sees your hard work and servanthood!





The night before the sale, Alex and I were being silly when we were setting everything out and found these clothes, hats, and accessories in the yard sale stuff.  I think we would make pretty hot chics for working in road construction.    LOL!!




No comments: