Image Map

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gavin's Weekend with Uncle Shawn, Aunt CeCe & Nannie

I took a vacation day Friday and took mom to the foot doctor in Owensboro, then we came back through Rockport and picked up and Gavin and Sassy and headed to our house for a long weekend.  Friday evening my Uncle Dave came over to visit and Uncle Shawn grilled out hot dogs for supper and I made potato salad and corn on the cob.  After dinner, we all packed into our car and went to Bits and Pieces in Boonville for "ice heam hones" - that's what Gavin calls them.  The ice cream was yummy!!  Gavin had a kids scoop of strawberry in a cone, but quickly it was put in a cup.  It was a bit on the warm side inside the place and Gavin's ice cream was melting quickly.  He didn't mind the cup, he just wanted the ice cream.  In fact, he helped mom finish hers....or maybe he stole mom's and finished it for her.  After ice cream, we headed back home and Uncle Dave and Gavin played with his new toys that Nannie bought him.










Saturday morning I had a photo shoot in the park and I had wanted to take Mom and Gavin with me and then have a picnic lunch and play in the park and then go to the state hospital grounds to feed the ducks, however the temperature that morning/day was extremely warm - close to the upper 90's so mom and Gavin stayed home while I went out.  I finished the photo shoot and came home and relaxed around the house for most of the day.  We got up around 5:00 and me, mom and Gavin headed to the Evansville State Hospital grounds to feed the ducks.  I had popped 3 bags of popcorn and took a loaf of bread to feed the ducks with.  Gavin enjoyed it and kept trying to get the ducks to come to him.  He wasn't much of a thrower of the popcorn one kernel at a time and they were constantly landing at his feet, instead of out in the pond where the majority of the ducks were.  After that we went to Walmart so mom could pick up a few things and I got Gavin three new Hot Wheels cars and then we came home and I made ham and beans for supper.








Sunday morning we got up and got ready for Sunday school and church.  The kindergarten teacher was sick, so I taught class that day.  I took Gavin into class and he was such a big boy in there with the other kids coloring and playing.  After church, we took Gavin to his mom and dad's and we went to Heather's for a cookout.





No comments: