Image Map

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 2, 3, and 4 of the Daniet Fast

So I'm not the best blogger in the world.  I never claimed to be!  Day 2 of the fast was good.  For dinner that night we had great northern beans, corn, and fried potatoes and onions.  I did have a little melt down in the kitchen that night for the beans, but all is good.  I think I was just tired from working all day, I had started my period earlier in the day, I had to go to the grocery after work and it was after 7 when I got home.  Then I had to put everything away and clean the kitchen before I could even beging to cook dinner.  Putting the groceries away is when I realized I forgot to get the beans and that is when the melt down resulted.  Day 3 of the fast, which was night, I made veggie fajitas with red, yellow, green, and orange bell peppers, and brown rice.  I was also going to make some organic refried beans, however my can opener bit the dust trying to open the can and I was unsuccessful.  I did call Shawn and ask him to run by the store and get a new can opener on his way home, so I did manage to get the can open and fix them for him for supper, but I didn't have any for myself.  I wasn't a big fan of the fajitas without meat or sour cream, so I didn't bring them for my lunch today.  I ended up making some fried potatoes around 9:30 last night to bring for lunch today.  So I have them and some fresh fruit salad for lunch.  Today is Day 4 of the fast.  Tonight for supper I believe I am making whole-grain spaghetti with garden vegetables.  I found the recipe in a magazine in the doctor's office last week and I believe it's the same receipe on the back of the box of pasta. 

No comments: