Image Map

Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 1 of the Daniel Fast

Yesterday was Day 1 of the Daniel Fast.  I'm fasting and praying and believing God to answer the cry of my heart.  More than anything, my husband and I want a baby and that's our main prayer during the fast.  Even before the fast, we were, and are, dieting in hopes of losing weight and getting healthier. And going on this fast right now is an added bonus.  Shawn won a free family membership to the Y from his work, so early in the mornings, he's been going and working out with a friend from his work.  Now, I can't get up that early, so I'm gonna have to go in the evenings.  I'll probably do more walking than anything, but walking is better than sitting on the couch. 

Yesterday for breakfast we both had a banana and peanuts.  For lunch we had whole-grain wheat spaghetti and green beans.  I also took a multi-grain wheat tortilla and drizzled olive oil and fresh garlic on it.  Yummy!  Then for supper last night, we had veggie burgers on the multi-grain wheat tortilla's with grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, and organic ketchup, and then corn.  I also had some organic popcorn.  Shawn likes those veggie burgers, but they make me about to want to gag.  And don't even get me started on the veggie crumbles.  LOL!  But I am sacraficing the food I enjoy to draw closer to God so everything we are doing is worth it for me!

No comments: