Image Map

Monday, September 28, 2009

We took a monkey to the zoo

Shawn and I went to the zoo Saturday afternoon.  Shawn loves going to the zoo, so our very first original plan was to spend our 5-year anniversary 3-day weekend in St. Louis and go to the zoo, the Arch, and Grant's Farm.  Then we got the tiny puppy and I didn't want to have to kennel the dogs or have someone else watch them overnight.  So we decided to go to Louisville and eat at this restaurant I like and then go to the Louisville Zoo.  Then it was supposed to rain all weekend and I didn't want to be out of town in all that rain.  So then we decided to just go to Mesker Park Zoo here at home.  Then I decided I wanted to take Gavin with us and Uncle Shawn finally gave in.  I love doing things with Gavin and spending as much time as possible with him.  So we wound up at the zoo here at home.  It was nice.  All of the animals were out except for the camel.  Apparently she had a baby back in April and is still having complications from that and is at an animal hospital for now.  I took lots of pictures.  Posted below are a few, the rest can be found on my facebook page.  If you need a link, just comment me below.

The main entrance has been moved to a different location of the zoo and is much nicer than the old entrace.  Here is a picture of the new entrance, along with a picture of the old entrance below it.







And of course a picture of me with my little Monkey and a few of him.  I think he was really too little to enjoy the zoo, but he did enjoy being a big boy and sitting up riding around in his stroller all day.  He laughed at a few of the animals, or it could of been his crazy Uncle Shawn.  And of course, we had a few melt-downs along the way - him and me both.  And I got pee'd on down my leg and into my shoe during a diaper change.  Thanks Gavin! 







The new Amazonian exhibit was really a nice addition to the Zoo.  And it was cool in there on a warm, sunny, and rainy day.  Here are a few animals from that exhibit.





And of course the Monkey Ship.  Too bad they still don't have monkey's in it.  My little Monkey would of loved playing with his little friends in there.  LOL!!



The giraffe's and zebra's are my absolute favorite at zoos, so naturally I took lots of pictures of them. 





And the pretty peacocks.  Although I never did see any spread their feathers for me, a few came a bit too close for comfort during Gavin's bottle feedings.  Uncle Shawn had to chase them away with the stroller.  Too bad I didn't get any pictures of that.


No comments: