Image Map

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hoppy Easter!

Easter wasn't the same this year for us, cause my sister and her family didn't get to come over which meant we didn't get to see Gavin at Easter :(  Even though they weren't with us, we still had a good Easter.  Shawn's parent's spent the weekend with us and went to church with us on Sunday.  They both rededicated their lives to the Lord, so that was a definitely an Easter blessing!  After church, all of the kids gathered for an Easter egg hunt!  There was 1,000 plastics eggs filled with candy laid on the church grounds!  There wasn't alot of kids, so each kid got ALOT of eggs!  Next year, I'm definitely going to make sure Gavin can join those kids to hunt eggs!!
 



 
When I got up Sunday morning to go out and get the paper, I found a certain little boy's Easter basket on the porch!! What a silly Easter rabbit!
 
 
 
I saw Gavin yesterday so I took his Easter basket with me to the park.  He was so excited when he saw it and immediately came running off the playground to get into it.  He had fun playing with the toys and eating the candy!  I had fun helping him eat the candy!

 
 
For Easter dinner, I made a delicious ham and we had au gratin potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs and sweet Hawaiian rolls.  I made yummy chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing and sprinkles and Uncle Popeye made Watergate salad.  Along with Shawn's parents, my mom and her brother Larry were here and then later my Uncle Dave came over.  I overate and not having a certain 4-year old to chase around and play with, I immediately migrated to the couch for a nap!

No comments: