Image Map

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Circus!

On Friday, while Uncle Shawn was golfing, I took Gavin to the circus at the Ford Center.  We went to the 9:30 a.m. performance, so we left the house early because I wanted to get a close parking spot and I wanted to try to find good seats since we were sitting in the general admission area. 

I don't think I could of parked any closer then this!  I'm just glad the meter ladies weren't working on this particular morning. 


The general admission seats were in the rafters and we ended up moving three times to try to get closer seats.  We started out really high up, and I didn't like that there was no railing or protection.  One wrong move, and a person could of been a goner.  Here's the view from our first set of seats....


The view after the second move...


That view was probably worse then before, but the circus started and I didn't want to try to move us and all of our stuff in the dark.  I scouted us some closer seats and during the intermission we made a run for it.

The view from the third move...


Now on to the circus.  I can tell you it was alot like I remembered it as a kid, but it was some what boring.  Maybe because we didn't have the best seats and couldn't see everything really good.  I was hoping for more animal acts, but alot of it was acrobats and stunts.  I don't think Gavin enjoyed it much either, cause about 30 minutes into the show, and then a few more times during the performances, he would say "Hey Stace, how bout we go back to your house now".  I told him we were staying, but you know there was a little piece of me that was ready to blow the coop too.

We started off with cherry slushies and animal crackers!  I bought the animal crackers at Walmart the night before.  When I saw them, I knew they were a definite must for the circus!



When the circus started, they did a parade march and all of the people and animals came around the inside of the circus arena. 









The little skit with the stuffed animals and the baby elephant was one of my faves!  That little dog did such a good job of playing dead and being still when needed!




The motorcycle riders were another one of my favorites!



I can't believe he is actually smiling and looking at the camera!  This almost NEVER happens anymore!
  

And of course, no circus is complete without a $15 light saber!





This clown was a few rows in front of us and was making balloons for kids.  I asked Gavin if he wanted to go down there and get one and he did.  He wanted me to go, but I told him he should go by himself and he did.  I was really surprised!  Too bad our balloon sword popped only minutes after leaving the circus :(


While we had a good time overall, we'll definitely be waiting a few years before heading back to the circus.


No comments: