Image Map

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

Shawn was going to be out of town on my birthday so we celebrated it a little earlier.  On the Saturday before my birthday, we went to dinner with some good friends, the Bullock's.  We went to Cheddar's in Owensboro, stopped at Kroger's to get some ice cream, and then went back to Tina and David's for some of Tina's yummy cupcakes and ice cream.  We had a great time with them!! 


Then on my actual birthday, I went to my mom's and she made me my birthday supper.  We had homemade chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes, homemade dressing, peas, and baked bbq chicken.  It was delish!  My momma makes the best chicken and dumplings ever!  My brother in law made me a yummy chocolate cake with white icing, my fave!  And then we also had chocolate and vanilla ice cream with sprinkles and syrup :)  Lots of people came over to help celebrate - mom, Beth, Tommy & Gavin, my and aunt and uncle Dobie and Charlie, and Thomas, a friend of theirs, my cousin John and his girlfriend and their daughter, and my uncle Popeye.  And then Shawn called while we were eating supper :)

For my presents, Shawn got me a Brookstone laptop pad which I LOVE!  He also sent me flowers and a balloon to work.  Gavin got me a gingerbread house kit, which we've already opened so he could have some candy from it.  All night, he kept pointing to the gift and telling me "open dis first cece".  He's a smart little guy; he knew candy was in it.  LOL!  In addition to my yummy birthday supper, Mom got me a really pretty necklace and earrings set and some yummy smelling wax for my burner, and then Dobie got me a stationary set.  A friend from work also got me a way cute snowman ornament for my tree.

Gavin helping me open my gifts.  The big blue box contained candy so the whole time he kept telling me to open it first!

My yummy cake that my brother in law made :)


My cousin John and me!  N DA MIC!

We had my party in the community room of where my mom lives and they have a pool table and air hockey table there.  Gavin loved playing it!

No comments: