Image Map

Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend with Gavin and Nannie

This past weekend, I babysat Gavin and his Nannie.  Hee!  We had a busy, busy weekend, as I usually do when I have him.  I always like to be on the go with him and doing things that he otherwise probably wouldn't get to do.  I took a vacation day on Friday, and Shawn and I took Gavin and my mom to Burdette Park.  I had been there the week before with some friends from church and they have a nice big pool and a kids play area, so I wanted to take Gavin to play and to get a chance to work on maintaining my summer tan :).  We sat in the kiddie pool while Gavin played around in the water next to us for a while and then got out and had a picnic lunch that I had packed.  I brought homemade chicken salad with bread and wraps, light Pringles, grapes and applesauce.  After lunch, we got back in the water for a bit before Uncle Shawn had to leave for a work function.  We were only there for a little bit longer after Shawn left and then Gavin started getting tired and was ready to go.  Also while we were there, a friend of mine from growing up, Ashley, and her girls and some friends were there, so we saw them up and talked for a bit.  It was fun just sitting in the kiddie pool relaxing in the cool water and hot sun talking about old times.

Gavin and Nannie having lunch.


Gavin has the bluest eyes ever!


Friday night for dinner we went to Cancun's.  It's our fave Mexican restaurant.  We are never disappointed in our food when we go there and everyone is always so friendly. 

Gavin and Aunt CeCe - I can never get him to look at the camera anymore for a picture.


And after supper, we went to the Orange Leaf for dessert!  The Orange Leaf is a new frozen yogurt shop in town and it's delicious!  I hate to admit it, but I actually like it better than Sweet CeCe's and I swore Sweet CeCe's was my fave!  I know, I know....I'm a frozen yogurt trader, or is it traitor!

Gavin loves having his own "ice heam hone" even though it was in a bowl.  His blend was orange sherbet and brownie batter frozen yogurt with M&M's, gummy bears, sprinkles and whipped cream.




See...he won't look at the camera! 


What's in my bowl you ask? Well everything good! I have orange sherbet and pineapple twist, coconut, and brownie batter froyo, fresh shaved coconut, Carmel topping and whipped cream. I was disappointed cause they have a peach froyo, but it wasn't working when we were there. It's YUMMY!

Gavin got ahold of my camera while we were eating and snapped a few pictures of Shawn, me and my mom.  Our heads were cut off on all of them, and well, they just weren't very flattering so I deleted all of them!  However he did find some cuties to take pictures off and even caught the attention of one of them.  I wish I would of gotten her name so I could *tag* her in the picture.

And after all that, it was bath time to wash the chlorine off of Gavin and the sticky froyo that he was wearing.  Whenever I am giving him a bath, "Ersey" and "Esse" (translates into Hershey and Reese, my dogs) always want to be in the bathroom and watch.  I asked him if he wanted them to take a bath with him and he was way excited; the dogs weren't as excited.  LOL!!  So after I gave Gavin his bath, I gave "Ersey" and "Esse" a bath, and then had to give Gavin another bath.  Hee!


And of course after every bath, we have to go show Nannie and Uncle Shawn we are clean.

Saturday morning, I woke up with a swollen lip, so I took a Benedryl and just relaxed all morning.  I got ready around 10 and loaded mom, Gavin, and mom's dog Sassy in the car and we headed out to yard sales.  Mom had been itching to go all weekend.  After yard sales, we got lunch at McDonald's and then I took them home to Rockport and headed back home myself.  Shawn and I were going to the derby at the Warrick County fair Saturday evening, but I knew it would be too loud for Gavin, otherwise I would have taken them with us; maybe next year.

No comments: