Image Map

Sunday, August 24, 2008

What a busy day

Today has been extremely busy for us today. We've been on the go ALL day. We left the house at 9:00 a.m. for Sunday school and church.

At 1:00 p.m., we left church to go to Shawn's work party at the Bauer House out in Darmstadt. Got there about 1:30 p.m. and ate lunch. There was fried chicken, ham w/pineapple, mashed potatoes w/gravy, green beans, cole slaw, and bread. They also had all kinds of snacks and ice creams and unlimited soft drinks. After lunch we went outside to play the free bingo. Shawn and I both bingo'd once. Shawn got a $10 gift certificate for McDonalds, I got a $10 gift certificate to Sonic. Then the very last game was a cover all game and I won. WOOHOO!!!!! I won 6 tickets to Holiday World and $10 gift certificates to Subway, Sonic, and Stephen Libs Candies. All in all, we cleaned house.

After the picnic, we went to the hospital to visit Lil, a friend from church. She is having surgery tomorrow to repair her heart. It will be a very long surgery, 12 hours to be exact, and she only has a 20% chance of making it through the surgery. The doctor told her that the only way she is going to survive is to fight. We are praying and beliving in God to help her. She's a great lady!!!

After leaving the hospital, we went to Rockport to my cousin Chrystal's. They were having a birthday party for her son, our Godson. He's 3, and a ham!


Happy Birthday!

After we left Chrystal's, we drove out to Heather and Bowen's. Bowen's parents were over with all of the new puppies, so we had to go see Hershey. I can't believe how big the dogs are getting. In a few weeks, we'll be bringing Hershey home with us. And of course, Zoe had to have her picture taken with some of the dogs.

Meet Max...

And Skotsky... And Layla...
And last but not least, here's Hershey and Shawn :)

I think we are in for a surprise, because Hershey is supposed to be chocolate, but I don't think he is anymore. In some light he does look chocolate, and in other light he doesn't. I wanted a chocolate weiner dog from the beginning, but I have fallen in love with this little guy, so it doesn't matter to me what color he is.

No comments: