Image Map

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Cobblestone 2014: Here We Go!

Well our 2014 Cobblestone vacation has come and gone.  We had a great time again this year!  In fact, it was probably one of the best times there I ever remember having.  There were some regular families not there, some new families there, and some families that showed up mid-week.  It was an action packed week, yet a week of relaxation.  It definitely went by too fast this year!  

Normally I blog about each day separately but time got away from me.  I did take a picture daily of our planned activities and we pretty much stuck with that schedule.  And I didn't take alot of pictures this year, and the ones I did take, I took with my phone so the quality might not be as good as if I would of used my big camera.

On our way to Cobblestone Monday, Shawn and I stopped at Grant's Farm.  I'll blog about that in a separate entry.  I had heard earlier in the year that there was a new Cobblestone billboard placed along the interstate.  As we got closer I told Shawn to help me keep an eye for it.  I was curious as to what was on it.  I had asked what it looked like, but never got a response.  I was also curious if any of my pictures were on it since some of them have been used on the Cobblestone website.  Imagine my surprise as we got up to the Cuba exit and saw this...

Yep, that's Shawn and Stephanie in the upper right hand corner!!


We finally made it!  Love the Cobblestone entrance!


The first night there it rained, so the outdoor activities got moved inside!

 

Tuesday's Activities


Cobblestone had a contest on Facebook a couple months ago.  For everyone that shared a specific post, your name went into a hat for a drawing for a $25 gift certificate to use while we were there.  I was uber-excited when my name was drawn out of the hat!  All week I was buying stuff and saying "just put it on my tab".  I had to keep making sure that no one else was using my tab too!  LOL!  You have to watch all those jokesters!  And of course David corrected me in the fact that it was actual credit and not a tab.  


We had some rain Tuesday morning, so the bocceball tourney got turned into a tippo toss tourney.



Every year, each morning I would take a picture of Shawn and I outside our cabin.  This year, this was the only time I did it :(  I'm telling you, the week went by fast!


The last couple years, the Anderson's have been showing up in family t shirts.  This year, the Glenn family had t-shirts! HERE WE GO!  



And every evening you'd find a group of people congregating outside the lodge until the lights went out!


Wednesday's Activities


I'm not sure why, but Wednesday morning I was SO TIRED...thanks to my lovely husband for the picture depicting this...hahah!!  And that couch was SO comfy!  (Like my hat Tootie?)


After lunch, I was poolside for the day.  Shawn golfed with his mom and dad.


My fave dessert of the week!  Lemon pie!


Instead of the horseshoe tourney, we all wanted to play a fling 'em tourney!

 
 


Thursday's Activities


Thursday after breakfast, Shawn and his dad went golfing, and I went walking around the property.  I walked down the steps to the cave for a little bit, and then had to walk up all the steps :(  Then I walked down the trail to the river, which was up really high!  Then I had to walk back up the trail and steep hill :(  I also walked around snapped pictures of alot of the different cabins they have around the property.



 


 




 



I always love seeing all the beach towels hanging out around the property!






After lunch on Thursday, we met our friends the Bean's out at Maramec Springs Park to walk around. You can read about that here.

I tore up the bingo on Thursday night!  I always play 4 cards and bingo'd about 6 times!  I even covered two cards on the last cover all game!


Up next...silly games!  Definitely my fave!







Friday's Activities



Shawn and I won a very small trophy for our shuffleboard game win the night before.  Horseshoes was the planned activity, but no one wanted to play it so we all played a shuffleboard tourney.  The Glenn-Bell's actually left with two trophies this year!


Friday after lunch, it was pool:30 for Shawn and I!  We had a great afternoon hanging out in and around the pool just enjoying company with everyone!  





I just love this jokester Garrett!  He's my photog friend at Cobblestone and a great guy!  His family wasn't going to come, but through much persuasion, and probably fit throwing on his part (LOL!), they showed up on Thursday for the rest of the week!  He hacked my phone this night during a very long game of Left, Right, Center!


Saturday's Activities


Shawn and I had to leave Saturday after lunch so we didn't partake in any of the mornings activities.  After breakfast, we went back to the cabin to pack everything up, shower, and then load the car and say our goodbyes.  We don't normally leave until Sunday morning with everyone else, but Shawn had a childhood friend get married and he wanted to go to the wedding.  I'll blog about the wedding in a separate entry.

Hope to see you next year jokester!


See you next season Cobblestone!!


So there you have it...Cobblestone in a nutshell!  

No comments: