Image Map

Sunday, April 8, 2012

PP: Easter Nest Cookies

Yesterday I made my food for Easter and these adorable cookies were part of my madness!  I had seen them posted on Pinterest and followed the link to Oh How Posh to get the recipe.  I believe the original recipe came from Pillsbury.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out and tasted (and all those delicious toppings are yummy on chocolate chip cookies too, just sayin ;)), I just wish I could of found the speckled jelly beans :(



Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients

1 package (16 oz) Pillsbury® Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies (24 cookies)
1 container (12 oz) fluffy white frosting
1 cup flaked coconut
Food color
Jelly beans

Preparation

Bake cookies as directed on package. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.

Frost cookies. Add coconut to a 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add 2 to 3 drops favorite food color, shaking bag to blend color. It may be necessary to add 1 to 2 teaspoons water to help disperse the color evenly or additional food color until desired color is reached. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon coconut on each cookie.

Top with jelly beans or candy coated chocolate peanut candy.

No comments: