Image Map

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

PP: St. Patty's Day Fabric Tie Wreath

As I have mentioned before, I have a new love with the website Pinterest.  It's chalked full of wonderful ideas on crafts, recipes, decorating, etc.  And I've become obsessed with new ideas for the front door, esp. since every floral wreath I hang up tends to melt and fade from the extremely high heat that gets trapped between the front door.  The fact that the front door is full glass and black doesn't help the situation either.  So when I found this fabric wreath for St. Patty's Day, I knew I wanted to try it.  It was so simple to make and so much fun to make.  I found my inspiration from this website.  I altered mine a little bit from how the original pinner made their, but it still turned out great!  I used 10 different fabrics and cut them into one inch strips.  When I bought the fabric, I only bought 6 inches of each fabric, because the strips needed to be 6 inches long, by one inch wide.  My reason behind this was less cutting!  I'm brilliant I tell ya :o)  Then I cut 15 one inch pieces out of each fabric.  I ended up with 150 strips and that was just enough to fill my wire coat hanger. 






I had more than enough fabric left over, that I made my mom a smaller version for her birthday, which she loves!



1 comment:

Kathy said...

Cute wreath! join me at www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com