Image Map

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Daniel Fast - The Second Seven Days

Well the second week of our Daniel Fast has come and gone.  I was horrible with eating over our first break.  I felt like I had to eat everything in sight before we started up again.  I think I had Chinese three times, Mexican food once, and a few unneeded sweets.  I gained 7 pounds back of the 12 that I had lost.  I felt miserable and I was so moody!  I decided on our next three day break, I was not going to be like that.  It was ridiculous.  It was like I was never going to get to eat again.  UGH!

As with the first week, our leftovers from dinner was usually our lunch the next day.  Seemed like we always had fruit and salad with each meal.  Breakfast for us was bananas, nuts, and/or cereal.  Our second week of menus were:

Wednesday - fried rice (brown rice, frozen peas and carrots, green onions, soy sauce) and stir fry (cabbage, onion, celery, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, garlic, soy sauce)

Thursday - great northern beans cooked with veggie broth, onions, garlic, and green onions, fried potatoes with corn, and fresh fruit

Friday - whole grain angel hair pasta with organic marinara sauce with diced zucchini and onion, corn, salad, and fresh fruit

Saturday - tacos/salads with veggie crumbles, taco seasoning, and onions, lettuce, tomato, white onion, green onion, organic refried beans, brown rice with corn and diced tomatoes, organic chips and salsa

Sunday afternoon - great northern beans cooked with veggie broth, onions, garlic, and green onions, fried potatoes with corn, and fresh fruit

Sunday night - veggie burgers with tortillas, grilled onions, lettuce, and tomatoes, leftover Mexican rice, organic chips and salsa

Monday - taco soup with taco seasoning, red beans, veggie crumbles, corn, diced tomatoes with green chilies, onion, green onion, and I put in some leftover Mexican rice, seasoned potato chunks (my new FAVE!), and fresh fruit

Tuesday - whole grain angel hair pasta with fresh garden veggies (asparagus, zucchini, squash, yellow bell pepper, onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, basil), salad, fresh fruit

No comments: