Image Map

Thursday, November 11, 2010

St. Louis Arch

On Sunday, before heading home, Shawn and I went to the St. Louis Arch.  I've wanted to go to the Arch for quite a while now, but we never seem to stop when traveling through St. Louis.  The day was beautiful and sunny, not to hot, and a little bit of breeze.  There was actually quite a few people at the Arch, but not overly-crowded.  We bought our tickets and while we waited for our time, we visited the museum.  They had a smashed penny machine, so I had to get my smashed penny.  I've started collecting these because those machines are everywhere we travel!  When it was our time for the tour, we got in line and up we went in the Arch.  The little pod that we rode in was tiny, but not overly cramped like I expected.  I knew it would be small, but all you are doing is sitting in it to get to the top of the Arch, so the size was sufficient.  Right before we got up to the little pod to ride up to the top, a photographer snapped your picture and then they are printed and available for sale in the front of the gift shop.  You got a 5x7, a 4x6, and 2 wallets along with a night picture of the Arch, a folder to display the pictures, and 3 magnet frames for $20.  We said if our picture was good, we would buy it and we did.  I thought it was a really good picture of Shawn and I.  I need to scan the picture in and post it.  The whole Arch experience was really neat and I'm glad I finally got to do it.  The views were amazing!  St. Louis is a fun place to go with lots of free things to do!  I can't wait to go back there and take Gavin to the Zoo!


A few different pictures of Shawn and I.

Some different pictures and angles of the Arch.

Some different views out the Arch windows.




No comments: