Image Map

Thursday, April 8, 2010

On Her Way to Heaven

My Aunt Nancy Bell Middleton passed away Tuesday morning.  She was a Christian all of her life and I know today that she's up in Heaven rejoicing at the throne of Jesus.  Aunt Nancy, say hi to Jesus and my daddy for me!  Her visitation is tonight at Boltinghouse Funeral Home in Rockport and the funeral tomorrow at the James Parker Cemetary in Hatfield.  If I'm not mistaken, she has a plot next to daddy.  I'm sad to hear of her passing, but happy because I know she's in a better place now.  I didn't go and visit her in her last days, or actually much at all.  I bet it's been years since I last saw her.  That's something I regret now.  I wish a couple weekends ago when I had Gavin that I would of taken him up to the nursing home where she had been at so he could meet his Aunt Nancy Bell and so that she could see "little Pete".  They both would of been so proud of him.  I know that one of the reasons I didn't was because I knew that I would start thinking about dad and be sad and didn't want to start crying.  I should of realized that's life and just dealt with it.  Now it's too late. 

Some of my greatest childhood memories were hanging out at her house.  Seemed like every weekend, Pete and Repete (that's what people called me and my dad, I was his shadow), we would stop by her house in Richland for a visit.  Uncle Bob would be there sometimes, and Grandpa Herb when he was alive.  He lived in that little silver camper trailer in the backyard.  Oh what memories.  She had that tire swing in the front yard and those awesome climbing trees in the backyard.  To be a child again and living that carefree life.  Whenever there was a Jessee Reunion, everyone would come into town and we would all be gathered together at Aunt Nancy's house.  There was plenty of good eats, homemade ice cream, cards games and horseshoes, cousins and friends to play with, and lots of great stories and memories.  I truly miss all that and miss my family.  Seems like once my daddy passed away, all of that drifted away.  My cousin sissy and I have been talking about getting everyone together and starting up a Jessee reunion again.  I think this summer is going to be the summer.  We talked about it last year and never did anything, but I am going to make it a point this summer to have one.  She said there is a great park in Morgantown, Kentucky which is about a halfway point for everyone so we'll have it there. 

Here is her obitutary - I copied it from the Evansville Courier and Press.



Nancy B. Middleton, 78, of Richland, Indiana passed away on Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at Miller's Merry Manor in Rockport, Indiana.


Nancy was born on January 25, 1932 in Adair County, Kentucky to the late Herbert and Pauline (Breeding) Jessee.

She was a homemaker and attended the Bethel Christian Center in Reo, Indiana.

She is preceded in death by her son, Skip Middleton; Daughter, Becky Middleton; Brothers, James Jessee, Pete Jessee; Sister, Patty Jo Hale.

Nancy is survived by her son, Greg Middleton and his wife Lynndell of Richland, IN; Sister, Thomasine Nelson of Modesto, CA; 9 Grandchildren; 14 Great-grandchildren; 4 Great-great-grandchildren; Several nieces and nephews.

Services are 11 A.M. Friday, April 9, 2010 at the Boultinghouse Funeral Home in Rockport, Indiana with Rev. Walter Phillips officiating. Burial is in James Parker Cemetery in Hatfield, Indiana.

Visitation is from 2 P.M. until 8 P.M. Thursday, April 8, 2010 and from 8 A.M. until the time of service Friday at the funeral home.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Bethel Christian Center in Reo, Indiana.

Friends unable to attend may send a condolence to the family at http://www.boultinghousefuneralhome.com/


RIP Aunt Nancy Bell.  You truly will be missed!

This bottom picture is a picture of my cousin Ashley with Aunt Nancy Bell.  I copied it from Ashley's facebook page.

No comments: