Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Busy 3-day Weekend

This past Thursday evening marked the start of my first 3-day weekend in a LONG time. Tax season is officially over!  This was one of the easiest and best tax seasons in my 10 years at HSC.  After work on Thursday, we went to Bob Walther's Putt Putt and had a good time. 

Friday morning I got up and pretty much did nothing.  I had wanted Shawn and I to do the yard work before he left, but he said the yard was too wet to mow right then and we would need to wait until later.  That was fine with me, I needed a nap.  Around noon, I woke up and started getting ready for the day.  Shawn decided then it was time to mow the yard so that sparked my first aggrevation for the day.  Why did he have to wait until it was time to get ready to leave to want to mow.  Whatever!  We met Gavin and his mommy and daddy at Chuck E. Cheese for his first trip there.  Needless to say, he wasn't a fan and I'll blog about this in another post.  After a few hours there, we left and had lots of stops to make along the way.  Shawn needed some new golf shoes for his trip to Florida, so we went to Golf Plus and Tom Howard's Golf Superstore where he got some new shoes and a new hat.  After that we headed to Walmart for a few groceries and some shorts for Shawn.  I was also looking for a new digital camera for my purse, but Walmart didn't have the one I wanted, nor did they have the shorts like Shawn likes, so that entailed a trip to Bust Buy and Target.  At Best Buy, I ended up getting a new Fujifilm Finepix digital camera.  My first digital camera was a Fujifilm, so hopefully I got a good camera.  I didn't really have time to try it out, basically I just figured out how to work it and showed Shawn.  He said he's taking lots of pictures on his trip, so hopefully they will turn out good.  Next stop, Target.  At Target, we got Shawn a couple pairs of shorts and two more shirts for his golf trip.  I'm sure I got a couple of things too ;).  After Target we headed to the gas station and to Walgreens to pick up medicine.  It was after 10 when we finally walked in the door.  I was beat!  It rained while we were out, so needless to say Shawn wasn't able to finish trimming or weedeating the grass, so our yard is gunther central. 

Saturday, we had to be up at 3:00 a.m. so we could leave the house by 4:30 a.m. so Shawn could make his 6:00 a.m. flight to Orlando.  Needless to say, nothing went smoothly this morning.  Shawn fell asleep in his chair downstairs and didn't do anything, so all morning was spent yelling at each other (probably me yelling at him more!) and at 4:15 a.m. I was packing Shawn's suitcase because it's obvious that he is going to miss his plane.  We leave the house at few minutes after 5:00 a.m. and make it to the airport by 5:30 a.m.  I drop Shawn and his luggage at the door so he can get in the check-in line and I went to park the car.  By the time I got inside he was finished checking in and we were headed for security check line.  Once we got up there, I realized I wouldn't be able to go through security with him and it was a quick goodbye.  He made it through security and immediatly got on the plane.  I left the airport, went to Denny's for breakfast and then headed to Jane Young's house at 7:30 a.m. for my hot stone massage, which was very relaxing!  Between the Benedryl I had taken the night before and the relaxation of the hot stones and massage, I kept falling alseep on the table and would wake myself up snoring.  After that I headed home to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day.  I did lay on the couch and nap and watch TV for the most part and tinkered around the house some.

Sunday morning I got up and went to Sunday school and church and then to Beth's for a cookout.  I thought the cookout was going to be for lunch however she informed it wasn't, it was for dinner so that irritated me some.  Regardless I was mainly going over there to spend some time with Gavin so that's all that mattered.  He's getting to be such a big boy and I love the fact that he knows who I am.  As I pulled up, he was standing at the gate at the door way and as soon as I started talking to him, he started grinning and smiling and getting all giggly and running around waving his hands.  He's so silly :).  I visited with him for a while and then after he was down for his nap and we ate, I left.  I stopped by the Robinson's on my way home cause I hadn't seen them or really talked to them in a few weeks.  I visited there for a few hours and then left and headed home. 

Once at home, me and the doggies snuggled on the couch until it was time for bed.  Oh the comfy bed. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz. 

So it was a LONG and BUSY weekend for me.  The whole weekend I was having some issues with my allergies and had hives and swelling.  The Shanique lip even started to come out on Saturday, but I took some Benedryl the night before for my hives, and then Saturday morning I took a non-drowsy allergy pill so helped keep her under control.

No comments: