Image Map

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dinosaur World

Back in April, Shawn and I picked up Gavin for the weekend and headed to Cave City, Kentucky, which is right outside Bowling Green, Kentucky, to go to Dinosaur World.  I had known this place was here for many years, but forgot about it until a friend posted some pictures from it on Facebook.  Gavin has been on a dinosaur kick lately so I thought it would be the perfect day trip for us to take.  Shawn picked up Gavin the night before and we left bright and early Saturday morning.  There was lots to do once we got there!  We did the dinosaur walk where we walked around a trail and saw lots of giant dinosaurs and plants.  We did the fossil dig where Gavin got a shovel and a little bucket and got to dig through the sand to find all kinds of fossils.  He filled his bucket up in no time!  After filling the bucket up, he got to sift through all of them and pick 3 fossils to keep.  We played on the playground for a little bit.  We went through the dinosaur museum, and then spent alot of time in the gift shop picking out just the perfect toy!  He ended up with a package of 8 different dinosaurs.  We also got him a dinosaur backpack and a dinosaur bootie grabber (that's what we called it!) 

After we left Dinosaur World, we drove around Cave City for a bit before heading into Bowling Green to eat dinner and shop at the mall.  We ate dinner at Montana Grille and they have the BEST jalapeno cornbread ever!  Beth and I ate here a few years ago for her birthday and I wanted to go back.  After dinner we went to the mall and did some shopping and then headed home for the evening!  It was a great trip and I enjoyed making memories with Gavin!





Telling me that the Triceratops dino has 3 horns on his head!



Looking for Wolly Mammoths...and we found some too!
















Making a smashed penny from Dinosaur World!  (I looking collecting smashed pennies from places we go.  I even have a smashed penny collectors book to keep all of my smashed pennies in!)


After we left Dinosaur World, we drove around Cave City some.  The Bumper Boat place (which is now rundown) was one of me and Beth's fave places to go while on vacation in Kentucky.  Everytime we drove through this area, my dad would stop and let us ride the bumper boats!  I was bummed that it was closed cause I wanted to ride them with Gavin, but glad that it was still there for the memories it brought back!

Showing me his dinosaurs that he got today.  I couldn't get them out of the package fast enough for him!




























No comments: