Image Map

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

West Side Nut Club Fall Fest

Friday and Saturday nights Shawn and I were down at the West Side Nut Club Fall Festival on Franklin Street in Evansville.  Friday afternoon Shawn worked at the Wish Upon a Star booth, so I had Tiffany from work drop me off down there after work so that I wouldn't have to take my car down there and try to find a place to park.  We ate lots of yummy food while walking the streets down there.  We stopped a few times to talk to people we know.  Saturday night we took Gavin with us to watch the parade and then eat more yummy food!  While I don't remember everything we had - I do remember that the deep-fried Twinkie was probably my fave!  Gavin did really great sitting in his stroller during the parade.  All the sirens at the beginning of the parade scared him a little, but I gave him a hug and he was fine.  Then about midway through the parade some motorcycles were stopped in front of us and one of them revved up his motor and is REALLY scared Gavin and myself. 

































After the parade, we went into the kiddie games/ride area to see if there was any rides Gavin could ride.  He was still too little for the rides, so we'll try again next year.  We did play the duck pond game for $5.  I think the cost of the games in the kiddie area were double what they were in the adult game area.  We only played the duck pond game because you could win a big blow-up sword and Gavin likes swords right now.  That sword was probably two times his size and he loved it.  He held on to it the rest of the night and even fell asleep holding it.






No comments: