Monday, June 6, 2016

Stace's Staycation :)

It's Sunday and my staycation has come to an end.  This is the first time I've spent an actual week of vacation staying at home since before Shawn and I met, almost 15 years ago.  I had a long list of things I wanted to do - some things got accomplished, and some things didn't :(

One thing I did get was lots of R & R.  Maybe too much since I'm seriously dreading going back to work on Monday.

The neighborhood yard sale was planned for Saturday and I spent time this week gathering up things for the sale, pricing everything, and then setting up the garage for the sale.  I monitored the weather all week and Saturday's forecast was not looking good for the sale.  It ended up being nicer weather during the hours of the sale, which brought out quite a few people.

I got a new summer hair cut on Friday.  It's short and I love it!

We had a cookout with friends on Saturday before Shawn left.  Lots of yummy food, and we made homemade ice cream.  I put the back legs of a patio chair through their deck and went down like a pro.  HAHA!!  Too bad there are no pictures of that!  This picture below depicts a similarity of it!  LOL!

Nothing says summer like the Robinson's grilled hot dogs and homemade ice cream!

Monday morning Shawn left for his vacation to Cobblestone, and it was an entire lazy day of laying on the couch for me and the dogs!

I spent Tuesday running errands - credit union, bank, shoe shopping at Kohls and Macy's, lunch at CKB to use my Secretary's day gift card - I've been craving their buffalo chicken mac & cheese, took some clothes to the consignment store, and got a pedicure using the gift certificate Shawn got me for my 40th birthday.

Tuesday night I took Gavin on a "Not a date" date to the drive-in.  We sat in the front seat of the Explorer and watched Angry Birds.  Good, funny movie!  Gavin's first giggle was when Big Red was falling through the tree and said "oh my giblets" when he racked himself!  LOL!!  Then it was giggles from both of us throughout the movie.  We had chicken strips and taters from the Rebels, and ice cream, hot dogs and popcorn from the concession stand.  I hadn't been to the drive-in in forever and will definitely be going more this summer!

I had more R & R all day Wednesday.  Probably gathered more garage sale stuff.  Made more homemade ice cream because I had been craving it since we had it Saturday.  I filled up a bunch of containers and put them in the freezer, and each night I had a bowl of deliciousness! Nothings better than homemade ice cream with some crushed pineapple in it!

Wednesday I also intercepted alot of packages from my online shopping habit!  LOL!!

Thursday was the day I tackled the bathroom upstairs.  Ugh, what a chore!  I'm the worst cleaner, especially in that bathroom.  I scrubbed the sink, walls, toilet and floors.  Redecorated with a new shower curtain and rug.  And replaced the toilet seat.  I still need to replace the seat in the downstairs bathroom.  The couch repair guy also came on Thursday, but it was a waste of time.  He was supposed to be there between 4-7:00 p.m.  He showed up at 3:45 p.m. and faintly knocked on the door.  I only heard him because of the dogs.  He said he was getting ready to tag the door since I didn't answer - I was in the pooper, you weren't supposed to be here until 4:00 p.m.  And then all he did was take pictures of the recliner footstool and tell me that he would have to order a new piece of leather for it and when it comes in, to call back and schedule another appointment for him to come out and fix it.  I was so aggravated!

Thursday evening I had an early dinner with sweet Mandy.  Always good to catch up with her.  Then it was off to Walmart to buy a can of ant spray to take down the ant colony forming on my kitchen counter.  Ugh!  I hate those little black pests!

Friday I was up early to get ready for the day.  I had been craving the buffet from Angelo's in Rockport so I was going their for lunch.  I invited my sister and Gavin, but they didn't want to go - they were lazy!  So I invited my mom.  Only on my way to get her, I saw a sign on the Angelo's door that they were closed for lunch on Friday.  What?!?!  Are you kidding me?!?!  I was deflated!  So instead we went to Wasbi in Owensboro.  I tried to get ahold of Beth to see if Gavin wanted to go but they didn't respond until we were already in Owensboro and then I get this sad faced picture wondering why we didn't come pick him up!  My heart was melting!

Friday evening I visited with some friends for a bit and then back home to put the finishing touches on the yard sale, arrange the garage to keep everything inside incase of the rain the next day, and made signs to hang up for the sale.  Signing is the worst part of having a yard sale in my opinion!

Saturday was the yard sale so I was up at 6 a.m. getting ready for the day.  The sale was from 7-11, so I opened the garage a few minutes before 7 and had a steady stream of customers from that time until around 11.  I sold alot of stuff and made $172, which I didn't think was bad for the little bit of stuff that I had by myself for just that one morning.  Uncle Dave came over as I was starting to box things up so we visited for a while, then he helped me clean up the yard sale mess and put tables up and take stuff off to the Goodwill truck.  It must of been "get rid of everything day" cause it was about 5 cars deep in the drop off area of that truck.  I took Uncle Dave to lunch for helping me.

Saturday after the yard sale and lunch, I was lazy abit more and then got ready to meet my friends Misty and Hazel to play bingo.  I haven't played bingo in forever and felt like such a newbie asking all these questions when we got there.  I couldn't help but crack up laughing at everyone with all of their colored bingo daubers lined up on the tables, and their good luck trolls and charms.  It took me back to the good old days!  Before I met Shawn, I used to go play bingo with Misty and her mom Hazel, and Misty's grandma Ruth, or as I called her Ruthetta.  I had all of those colored daubers too at one time!  LOL!  We all always had the best time playing bingo, laughing and carrying on.   Once year Hazel and I went to stay with Ruth and Ed at their condo in Florida and we went to a bingo hall down there.  Ruth almost got us kicked out for talking to loud!  LOL!!!  I sure do miss you Ruthetta and your silliness!  I didn't win any money at this bingo, which was ok, cause I was just going for the fun of it and visit with friends.  Misty bingo'd though and won $200!

I didn't take any pictures at bingo so I found this one on the internet.
Sunday was my last day off before work.  I started the day off with my breakfast of orange cinnamon rolls.  Since Shawn and Gavin weren't here, I ate as many as I wanted!

 I went to church and realized that "The Problem is the Pattern".  Definitely a great message by my pastor!  After church we went to Allesha's graduation party.  I can't even believe that she has graduated and will be off to college in the fall.  We had a great time at the party with lots of yummy food and cake and ice cream, and visiting with friends and church family!

My Shawniewow also came home on Sunday :)

I was in bed early Sunday evening, I was exhausted and knew I was going to dread getting up with that 6:00 a.m. alarm.

I definitely enjoyed my staycation and would gladly do it again!

No comments: