Image Map

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Slow Boat to China

I feel like I am on the slow boat to China trying to have a baby.

I went to see Dr. Gentry Tuesday morning for a 6 month check-up because I haven't been able to get pregnant from my surgery. He's scheduled me to have an HSG sometime early April. It's an x-ray of my uterus and fallopian tubes where they inject a dye and watch is flow through my fallopian tubes on the screen. If it does flow freely and doesn't become blocked, he'll start me on fertility pills. If something is blocking the flow, then I don't know what he'll suggest. We haven't talked about that yet. Sometimes if something is blocking the tubes, the dye will actually move it.

I wonder why I'm the odd duck in the family who can't have a baby. Every woman in our family has been able to have kids with no problems that I know of - my sister, my mom, my grandmas and great-grandmas, my aunts, my cousins, my cousin's kids'. Everyone except me.

3 comments:

MECH said...

Stop the Stinkin Thinkin

You will have a baby and God knows the perfect time!!! Quit speaking the negative things into your life!!! Love ya and I will be praying for you and Shawn!

FncyFce said...

You'll be a mom in no time. Don't stress about it and it will happen. Good luck with the test. And remember, relax!! I know, easy for me to say.

HUGS

Shawn said...

Hi Stacey! Praying for you and Shawn during this process. Good to hear from you again.

Thanks for the suggestions on a car. Perhaps I'll skip the Smart car and Scooter, but it's always interesting to hear what the innovative ones at HSC are doing!!

Talk with you soon!