Image Map

Saturday, December 13, 2008

2008 Rockport Christmas Parade

This year's Rockport Christmas parade was on Saturday, December 6 (my birthday :)). I remember going every year as a kid. Standing out in the cold watching the floats go by and trying to get as much candy as possible. You were out there with bags to get your loot, standing on the sidewalks and inching out into the road as much as you could without getting in trouble for not being on the sidewalks. I even remember being in the parade a few times. Once I rode on the Girl Scout/Brownie troop float. Once in the marching band in 7th grade. I'm sure there were other times. Once I got older, I stopped going. But about 3 years ago, I started going again and it's been so much fun. Standing on the streets with my family and friends, all bundled up from the freezing cold weather, watching the floats go by and trying to see if I know anyone.




1 comment:

MECH said...

It's about time you got back on here!!!!