Image Map

Monday, August 6, 2018

Father's Day Weekend

We had a great Father's Day weekend!  We were able to have Gavin for the weekend and just hung out around the house.  


Saturday afternoon we made an ice cream run and took the dogs with us.  We really wanted the orange ice cream from the Rivertown Grill in Newburgh, but that wasn't their flavor of the day, so we drove to Boonville to the Tastee Freeze.  You can never go wrong with the TF!



And then Saturday evening we went to a cookout at our neighbors and friend's Phil and Rachel.  We had a lot of fun despite the heat and bugs.  There was lots of yummy food, laughs, and water fights for the kids. 




Later in the evening, I brought Gavin and our friend's daughter Kennedy over to make Father's Day cards for their dad's and for Uncle Shawn.  



And then later that evening, we gave Uncle Shawn his presents and the card Gavin made.  I got Shawn new accessories for his grill...a burger press, a chef's hat, and a water squirter guy like they have at the hibachi restaurants.  HA!










Sunday at church we celebrated all of the fathers, grandfathers, and uncles!



And on our back from taking Gavin home, we stopped at the cemetery in Hatfield to put flowers on my daddy's grave.  I can't believe that I've had 21 Father's Day's without my daddy :(  I said I've lived half my life without him now.  

No comments: