Image Map

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Panama City Beach....here we come!!


Yesterday morning we got up early to leave for vacation.  I was up at 3:00 a.m. with the hopes of immediately leaving, but we didn't actually pull out of the driveway until 4:30 a.m.  We had a perfect day for traveling - sunny skies, cooler temps, and we didn't encounter any heavy or delayed traffic at all!  I can say I definitely enjoyed leaving that early, but it had it's downfalls too!  I'm not a good night driver and my contacts were making my eyes tired so we had to stop so I could put my glasses on, but then just a little bit later the sun was coming up so we had to stop again so I could put my contacts back in so I could wear my sunglasses.  We actually stopped quite a few times.  Shawn and I both hate driving long distances, so lots of stops are a necessity for us - stop for gas, stop for a drink, stop to stretch your legs, stop to change drivers, stop for this, stop for that.  LOL!  Right when we got into Panama City, we had about 10 minutes of driving through some very heavy rain, but that was it.

We got to the condo about 4:30 p.m. and to say that it is nice would be an understatement!  It's amazing!  I think I said that about a dozen times last night.  It's very clean, very roomy, and very comfy!  The pictures on VRBO don't do it justice!  The owner's have thought of everything!  I think my favorite parts are the covered garage parking, the floor to ceiling windows with a view of the ocean, and that big comfy bed (which requires me using a step stool to get in cause it's so tall!)  I'm going to include a post all on it's own of the Palazzo and our condo later when I get a chance to venture around and take more pictures of it.

After we unloaded the car and got everything into the condo and unpacked, I took a shower and got ready for dinner.  We went to the Boars Head Restaurant for dinner.  It was right across the road from our condo and Shawn said he had heard great things about it.  It was good, but definitely pricey.  Shawn got the 'M'lady's cut' prime rib dinner and I had the special filet which were medallions of beef tenderloins sauteed in beef and garlic butter.  Like I said, it was good, but definitely pricey.

After dinner, we went drove down Front Beach Road to check things out on our way to Walmart to get some groceries for breakfast and lunch at the condo throughout the week.  I also was looking for a new shirt for our beach pictures later this week, but no luck.  I'll try some other places today and Monday and pray that I can find something I like and then able to coordinate a new shirt for Shawn to go with it.

After all that excitement it was time to come back 'home', change into my jammies, and relax.  When I crawled into bed,  climbed into bed last night, I thought I had died and went to heaven.  I've never been in a more comfortable bed in my entire life!  I know I was wore out from the entire day of traveling, but that bed was simply amazing!  I was laying there and just kept saying "oh my gosh", "this bed is amazing", "this bed is so comfy", "feel these sheets, they are so soft", "oh I want a bed like this at home".






















No comments: